Known to be highly durable and greatly reliable, parachute cord also known as Paracord in the military world is an essential piece of survival kit. It is widely used for a multitude of applications and this can be extended to creating a strap for your camera.
Why would I want to replace my original Canon, Nikon, Sony strap?
1. To avoid advertising the camera I’m carrying
2. To have a lightweight strap that costs next to nothing.
3. Don’t want to spend money on a wrist strap
4. To double up as a survival tool if I’m stranded in the wilderness.
5. To have an fighting chance against a zombie apocalypse if all I had was my camera!
This is what we’ll need to make a paracord camera strap:
1. X metres of paracord, depending on how you like to sling/carry your camera around your neck/wrist etc.
2. Scissors / Knife to cut the paracord
3. Cigarette Lighter to singe the cut paracord
4. carabiner / metal clip fixture
Perhaps looking at some photos will give us a heads up of what we can expect: